Monday, April 30, 2012
01:30 PM - 04:45 PM
This session looks at growing interest in data virtualization technology, how it works, and how to get the most out of this technology by presenting a series of patterns on how you can use it. The session covers the following:
- What is Data Virtualization?
- Why is it needed? - Business problems
- How data virtualization works
- Popular data virtualization patterns to maximise business value
- Data Virtualization patterns for use in Business intelligence and corporate performance management
- Data Virtualization patterns for Data warehousing
- Data Virtualization patterns for use in Master data management
- Data Virtualization as a vehicle for Information services
- Data Virtualization patterns for use with operational systems
- Data Virtualization patterns for use in Data management
- Data Virtualization patterns for use in Cloud Computing
Mike Ferguson is the Managing Director of Intelligent Business Strategies. An independent IT analyst and consultant, he specialises in BI/Analytics, big data and data management. He has over 35 years of experience with 27 years in BI/Analytics, 36 years in Data Management, 13 years in Smart Business and six years in Big Data Analytics on Hadoop and NoSQL.
Mike works at board, senior IT and detailed technical IT levels on a strategy for BI/Analytics, technology selection, enterprise architecture, data strategy, MDM and Big Data. He has spoken at events all over the world and written numerous articles.
Formerly a principal and co-founder of Codd and Date Europe Limited, the inventors of the Relational Model, he was also Chief Architect at Teradata on the Teradata DBMS and European Managing Director of Database Associates. He teaches popular master classes in Big Data Fundamentals, Big Data, New Technologies for DW and BI, Operational BI, Data Governance, Master Data Management and Big Data Management.